Community Action Wayne/Medina has a comprehensive list about how to access free transportation in Wayne County. This is from their website:
Wayne County Mobility Management is a transportation partnership committed to the coordination of transportation services countywide and exploring new opportunities to improve transportation options for Wayne County residents. Mobility Management seeks to optimize ALL transportation resources in our community. Helping to inform, improve, and assist specialized transportation needs for older adults, people with disabilities, and individuals with lower incomes through a wide range of general public activities.
- Wayne County residents who live inside the Wooster City limits are eligible for a round trip ride with 2 stops with a locally contracted transportation provider.
- Wayne County residents who live outside of the Wooster City limits are eligible for 2 round trip rides with 2 stops with a locally contracted transportation provider.
- All round trip rides require a 48-hour notice and are arranged by CAW/M staff with locally contracted transportation providers. Riders that can also get one additional stop, if needed, on that same day.
Qualifications: total household income at or below 125% of the federal poverty guidelines. Click here for more information.
City of Wooster
Residents may purchase subsidized transportation passes to travel inside the Wooster City limits. Applications for free required program IDs, as well as the reduced rate passes, are only available at CAW/M. Program IDs cost $1.00. Pass 0ptions available are:
- $2- one-way cab pass
- $18- ten one-way WORK/EDUCATION passes (these may include work/education sites within a 3 miles radius of Wooster) These can also be used to take children to or from childcare when the parent is going to or from work.
- $2- one-way wheelchair transportation
Qualifications: total household income at or below 200% of the federal poverty guidelines, live and travel with in Wooster City Limits.